Process Design & Optimization
At CTET, we use Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) together with other process simulation tools and advanced experimental characterisation techniques to optimise the design of membrane module and large scale water and wastewater treatment plants for our clients.
Our services include:
- Design of large scale bioreactors for wastewater treatment: Prediction of reactor geometry, organic loading, hydraulic retention time and solids retention time on reactor mixing behaviour and nutrient removal
- Diagnosis of dead zones and short-circuiting in membrane bioreactors
- Design of membrane modules (MF/UF/NF/RO): Through the design of membrane module configuration (flat sheet or hollow fibre, including fibre diamter and packign densities), aeration systems, and tank geometry to mitigate fouling potential and concentration polarisation at lowest energy inputs
- Design and optimisation of capital investment and energy consumption of RO processes for brackish water and seawater desalination
- Using our unique plant resilience models to predict operational failure models of advanced water treatment plants, optimise the capital and operating cost over the assets' lifecycle whilst maintaining process efficiency and complianc